Do you want to create a notebook in OneNote and share it with others? Here’s how you can do it easily.
Microsoft OneNote is a cloud-based application that automatically saves and syncs your notes as you work. Not only can you make notes using OneNote, but you can also make lists, sketch, draw, record audio clips, and organize your life—it’s your very own digital notebook, to keep as organized or disorganized as you please.
The OneNote app gives you the chance to switch between devices and to not only capture your thoughts and photos, but also makes sharing them easy, using highlighting and tag tools to point out important sections. Here’s how to create a new notebook, share an existing one, and switch between multiple notebooks.
How to Create a New Notebook in OneNote
Here, we’ll look at how to create a new notebook using your computer.
- Log into your Microsoft 365 account.
- Click on the OneNote application.
- You will come to a new screen which will have a + New option. Click on this to create a new notebook.
- You will then be taken to the new notebook page, where you can start putting your thoughts down.
How to Share an Existing Notebook in OneNote
Now that you’ve set up a new notebook, you may want to share what you’ve created with others. You’ll have the opportunity to adjust the settings when sharing the link.
- Open your OneNote application.
- Once inside, the Share button will be found in the top-right corner of the screen. You also have the option to click “File—Share” using the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Once you have clicked on Share, you will see the Send Link pop-up screen. This screen allows you to enter the email addresses of the people you would want to share with.
- If you click on the option “Anyone with the link can edit”, you will be taken to another pop-up screen. This one allows you to select specific people you want to give editing rights to, as well as setting expiry dates and passwords for the link.
- Click Apply to complete the sharing process.
Switching Between Your Notebooks in OneNote
If you need to switch between notebooks quickly, OneNote lets you switch between them.
- On your current notebook page in OneNote, click on the dropdown arrow to the left of the screen.
- The dropdown list of all your notebooks will appear. From here, you will also be able to create a new notebook.
Making Lists Just Got Easier
Whether you need to write down your weekly shopping list, or make a list of items to pack for that camping trip, OneNote has you covered. Using tools like highlighter and tag options, it’s easy to sort through the clutter and keep everything in order.
Share your notebooks and see what others have shared with you—life has never been this easy to organize.